‘Anything Goes’ for GRC Theater’s Spring Musical

Bluegrass music and a long-lost baby took to the stage in 2023’s heart-wrenching musical production. This year, the GRC Theater Department is taking to the seas.

After last year’s magnetic production of ‘Bright Star,’ a Bluegrass musical full of heartache, redemption, and love, GRC is prepared to put on a show-stopping production of the classic, Anything Goes.

Anything Goes is a Golden-Age musical, originally hitting the Broadway stage in 1934, with revival in both 1987 and 2011.

The plot follows an evangelist turned nightclub singer, Reno Sweeney, as she and an entourage of characters board an ocean liner, the S.S. American. While at sea, she helps an old friend try to win over his love.

Billy Crocker is a stowaway on the S.S American, and Reno is helping him win over the lovely Hope Harcourt.

There is one major issue, however – Hope Harcourt is engaged to Lord Evelyn Oakleigh.

Also aboard the S.S. American is Public Enemy #13, Moonface Martin, along with his partner-in-crime, Erma.

Disguises, tap dancing, and even a little bit of blackmail are their greatest assets in assisting Reno and helping Billy win over Hope’s affections.

With blockbuster 11 o’clock numbers and a few heartfelt ballads, Anything Goes is a show that is sure to capture the hearts of any audience.

With lovable and comedic characters like Reno Sweeney and Billy Crocker, everyone ought to be at the edge of their seats.

Auditions for Anything Goes will be held Oct. 9-10 from 4-6 p.m. in the GRC Theater, with callbacks set for Oct. 12.

Whether you are interested in starring as Reno herself, or being a tap-dancing sailor, come out and audition for Anything Goes.

Sign up for auditions HERE!