A convenient new way to keep up with Smoke Signals news

Student News Source app gives you our stories at your fingertips

Covid-19 has been nothing short of a mountain sized obstacle for Smoke Signals this year. Not only has it made production more difficult, but it has also temporarily halted our ability to produce a printed newspaper. 

In the wake of this hindrance, the staff has worked tirelessly to create more content for our online website and social media, which is in use more than ever before.

Along with this, Smoke Signals has started using a new platform to put out content: the Student News Source app, sponsored by School Newspapers Online. 

To be completely transparent, the app is awesome. It can be installed by anyone on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, and get this: it’s free.

Once you download Student News Source, you just set “George Rogers Clark” as your primary news source and allow notifications.

It operates as any other news app: every time Smoke Signals posts content, you will get a notification including the title of the piece. One click and boom, you are now reading one of our staff member’s amazing stories.

From the app, you can view all of our beautiful faces by clicking on the name below the title. It will take you to a page with information about the staff member and his/her recent work. 

The Student News Source app will prove to be one of the most convenient platforms that we have ever used.

All of our fancy graphics, engaging stories, and exciting photo galleries will be at your fingertips the moment we click “post.”

The Smoke Signals staff has been working so hard to compensate for all that Covid-19 has taken away. We climbed the mountain, and at the top we found a new app for your convenience.

We encourage everyone to download it and check out what’s happening in and around GRC.