GRC library: Adjusting to online learning

Mrs. Farmer, GRC librarian, has made adjustments during the shutdown to make sure books are still available to students

We are trapped in the middle of a pandemic. Stuck at home, unable to do much of anything, except the schoolwork you’re probably just letting sit there until 11:59.

Need a way to escape? How about a good book? The GRC library has something for every student. 

This school year has come with its share of challenges, and the library is no exception. However, thanks to Ms. Farmer, the GRC library is still up and running. 

GRC has implemented Sora, an online platform that allows you to use your school account to access the library’s books.

“The E-book platform, Sora is super easy to use and access. It connects with the public library’s books, which is very cool,” says Ms. Farmer. You can access Sora from the school’s website, or you can download it as an app. If the school library doesn’t have the book you are interested in, you can connect your account to the public library.”

One of the best things about Sora is that it’s a permanent feature of the library. “Sora is something we have invested a lot in, so once students come back to school, it’ll definitely still be available,” says Ms. Farmer.

Sora is perfect to use with your Chromebook, and you can even download it as an app with your phone. No more worrying about losing your library book; it’s probably in your hand.

The link on how to use Sora is HERE.

If you aren’t to sure what kind of books you like, you can go HERE for a virtual book tasting.

To keep up with all things revolving around the library you can follow @grclibray on Instagram. You can also find Ms. Farmer’s bitmoji classroom HERE.

Students who would like to check out a physical book may use the QR code. The code will take you to a Google Form, where you can request the book you would like to check out. Books can generally be picked up Monday through Wednesday from 8-4.

A video on how curbside pickup works can be found at this link.

Visit the Library Website for all these resources in one place HERE.

Library flyer with QR codes: