GRC adopts new, innovative scheduling method

The era of tedious paper scheduling is coming to an end.

Beginning with the schedules for the 2019-2020 school year, GRC is switching to online scheduling through Infinite Campus.

“Technology is integral in our lives now,” said Eric Osborn, CCR & Assessment Coordinator. “We should be using it more that way.”

Online scheduling not only caters to this generation of technology-oriented students, but it is also a significant help to the counselors.

“Fifteen to sixteen hundred students are scheduling individually rather than four people doing it for all of those students, so that is going to increase efficiency tremendously for the counselors,” said Osborn.

Online scheduling has many advantages with one of the most prominent being that it gives students more of a “voice.”

“The schedule will be built based on student requests,” said Osborn. “There are some requirements where you have to have classes at a certain time of day, so these will be locked in. But then the rest of it will use student requests to determine placement of sections.”

While it may seem like a daunting task at first because of unfamiliarity with the
program, online scheduling will be beneficial for students.

“It’s new, it’s innovative, it’s putting student choice in there, it’s giving you the freedom of being able to select,” said 11th grade counselor Jennifer Mink. “Don’t freak out. You’re going to be able to make changes if you need to. It’s preparing you for the future of scheduling.”

Here are a few things students need to know:

• You can use the Campus Portal Student app to request courses.
  • If you don’t have the app, scheduling can be done on the computer.
  • Remind messaging will be used to request schedule changes.
  • Teachers will recommend classes for you on the portal.
  • Be thinking about what classes you want to take next year; talk to pathway teachers to make sure they’re
    recommending you for the next level.
  • User ID is your student number, and password is first initial, last initial, and 6-digit birthday.
  • Class meetings about scheduling will be announced later.
  • A “how-to” video on scheduling will be shown in Advisory.
  • Please sign up for
    Remind to receive announcements on exactly when online scheduling will be open.