Students Perform in Nutcracker

Photo Courtesy of Pieced Together Photography

After Dancer’s Pointe began hosting the Nutcracker Ballet 10 years ago, it quickly became a well-known community tradition.

Every year, students from around Clark County audition for something they love.

This year’s production is set for Dec 14-16 at GRC. The show times are Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 at the door.

Seventeen GRC students are performing in this year’s show. Smoke Signals visited with some of the performers to get their perspectives.

How do you feel about this being the 10th Nutcracker?

Megan Huff (10): “I think it’s awesome. Literally some of my first memories are from this studio and these Nutcrackers.”

Katherine Kennedy (10): “I feel like we have accomplished a lot. This is going to be the biggest show. We put more work into it.”

How excited are you to perform for your last year?

Will Meade (12): “I’m so excited to perform for the last year. I think it’ll be a great show.”

How have you prepared to tackle playing Clara?

Shelby Allman (9): “I have rehearsed on Saturdays for multiple hours and I have worked hard in the studio.”

What is the most challenging thing about taking on the role of the Nutcracker this year?

Samuel Williams (10): “The hardest part for me was getting all of the details together to form the finished product.”

The show is definitely worth watching as these students put many hours of hard work and dedication to provide the community with a show that is sure to bring Christmas spirit to all.