GRC Student Gains World Recognition for Talent

Chris Fraley performs for the Journalism 1 class.

A student’s school day for most is fairly predictable: wake up, go to school, come back home, and get ready to repeat the next day.

For some students, however, a typical day might lead to dancing to Michael Jackson in front of peers and end up becoming a world-wide sensation.

Sophomore Chris Fraley performed a dance routine to a Michael Jackson song as part of Mrs. Crosby’s Journalism class on Friday, Sept. 21.

Students were thrilled with the performance, and recorded it to be placed on their Snapchats.

By Monday, Sept. 24, this performance had been placed on the World Snapchat page, where Fraley could be globally recognized.

“We posted it on our Snapchats and from there it got posted on The Best of High School,” says sophomore Julia Pohl.

Journalism students were discussing different types of news stories and were using Fraley as an example, as he had been previously showing his skill in the cafeteria.

Upon seeing him perform, students were sure that he deserved recognition.

“I watched him and thought, ‘Why is he not famous yet?’” says freshman Kendall Barnes.

Of course, Fraley had not expected this kind of reaction to his performance. Upon finding out he appeared on the world Snapchat page, he was overcome with emotion.

“I laughed, but I felt like crying,” says Fraley when he saw himself on the video. “I’m not use to being somewhat popular or anything like that. It made me feel special.”

Fraley does not plan on ending his performing here, as he hopes to perform a concert of all of his favorites by Michael Jackson.

While Fraley agrees it was cool to be featured on the Best of High School, it isn’t the recognition that drives him.

“I dance just to have fun,” says Fraley, “and to bring a smile to people’s faces.”