Yearbook staff creates family atmosphere

2023-24 Yearbook Staff

Starting in 1806 all of the high school memories you made were put into a book. This seemed to be very popular with the public and evolved into an annual compilation that eventually earned the name of a yearbook. GRC made its first yearbook in 1963-64, along with the opening of the building itself.

This year has struck a new way of creating for the yearbook crew. Consisting of upper and underclassmen, the team plans to make this a yearbook to remember.

“I’d say we’re all much more of a family than a bunch of students working together in a classroom,” says Baylee King.

The construction of the yearbook and its team has evolved around pivotal roles that each member partakes in to get a worthwhile book. The staff is made up of Chloe Galloway, this year’s editor-in-chief, managing editor Ella Lowe, design editor Baylee King, photography editor Dazyre Hooten, writing editor Beau Stacy, business editor Shai Scarboro, as well as supporting staff.

“Everybody’s very positive,” says Ella Mattingly. “We’re all very excited about getting this book out to everybody and I think overall we just work very well together. We’re all willing to step in and work on anything or help anyone that might need assistance.”

While working to produce the 2024 yearbook they photograph several school-wide activities. They have been at a majority of games this school year and take the opportunity at every school event they can attend.

Every member is working extremely hard to accomplish and finish this yearbook. “I feel like the goal with the yearbook this year is to make it something that you can look back on years from now and you can still enjoy it,” says Baylee. “We think it’s all things that will age very well so that whenever you look back on it in the future with your kids and your family, it’s something you can be proud of.”

To create the yearbook itself the team has to collaborate with Josten’s, an organization that works to formulate yearbooks for schools all around the world.

“We are making sure we’re hitting our deadlines and talking a lot with our representative at Jostens to make sure that we’re gonna get the book done on time for people who buy it,” says Chloe.

You can order your yearbook now on www.jostensyearbooks.com.

With the new assets and contributions to the team itself, this yearbook will be one of our most memorable by far.