Getting to know our new librarian – Carrie Konstantopoulos

-Photo by Smoke Signals

Mrs. K joined the GRC staff as our librarian after many years teaching elementary school.

GRC’s new librarian says she’s “probably too loud to be a librarian,” but we don’t hear anyone complaining. Carrie Konstantopoulos fits in perfectly at GRC and is already loved by students and staff alike. 

Smoke Signals asked Mrs. K a few questions about what it’s like to transition to the high school level after many years teaching elementary school.

Years in education:

This is my 17th year teaching and my first year in the library.  Before coming to GRC I taught 2nd grade at three different elementaries in Clark County.  It has been fun to see my former students now as teenagers.

Why I am excited to work at GRC:

I am so incredibly blessed to work in such a beautiful library!  The staff and students are awesome, and have made me feel so welcomed to be in a new building.  I also am an alumni of GRC, so to get to work in a community where I went to school is pretty special.

What I like most about my job:

I love interacting and working with students.  There is a feeling of accomplishment to help students find a book they love.  I also like that I get paid to read books for a living!  It truly is my dream job!

Two things students need to know about me:

I have a really loud laugh, and I am probably too loud to be a librarian.

If you are worried about overdue books or lost books, please don’t hesitate to come to me, and I’m sure we can work something out.  Don’t let that stop you from wanting to check out a book.

What students need to know about the library:

This library was built for students and everyone is welcome.  I want it to be a place where students feel comfortable to study, read, or just decompress.  We have amazing resources and are really lucky to have new books coming in every day.  We also have access to ebooks online for free using the app Sora.  You can read from your phone, iPad, or Kindle.  Just scan the QR code located in the glass display case outside of the library.

Welcome to GRC, Mrs. K!