Cady’s 10 Summertime Essentials

Graphic by Cady Johnson

Schools out, summer break is here, another school year in the books. But, I wouldn’t want to send you all into this next season without the essentials!

Summer should be everyone’s prime and these are the tools to help you achieve your best summertime glow:

1. Boca Clips

This may seem stupid, but trust me these are a lifesaver. Sometimes you get the perfect tan when it’s overcast and a little windy. But, who wants their towel blowing all over the place? There are so many cute designs and they keep your towel in its place, where it belongs. You will thank me later.

SEE IT

1. Mosquito Repellent Bracelets

If you’re like me and get literally eaten alive by bugs as soon as the sunsets in the summer, or if you’re like me and despise the way bug spray feels, these bracelets are right up your alley! Bug spray is sticky, and it smells odd, but these bracelets are so easy. You don’t even notice you’re wearing one. The bugs notice though and that is all that matters!

SEE IT

1. Floatie Cup Holder

There is nothing worse than trying to have a nice swim and then you have to get out of the pool to get a drink. Then you get cold and track water everywhere, when you could just have your drinking floating! These little floating cup holders are so cute and so convenient.

SEE IT

1. Sun Bum Face Mist

This is truly the most genius invention. This is a light-weight spray, so you dont have random sunscreen splothces on your face, and you get everything covered. This feels so good while you’re tanning in the hot sun. And the SPPF is 45, so you get perfect sun protection!

SEE IT

1. Kodak Funsaver Disposable Camera 

Everyone loves to have cute photos with friends on hand, and these have a little bit of a retro feel to them. You can take pictures in any lighting, and the camera is very easy to transport. They’re only around $20 and it’s so easy to go get your pictures off. These cameras take 40 pictures, and the quality is so high for a disposable camera.

SEE IT

1. Sunglass Holder 

These sunglasses attach to your sun visor, and make your sunglasses easy to access. It’s always bright in the summer days and with these holders you’ll always be able to find your glasses. These come in many styles and colors to fit the aestethic of your car. These are very easy to install. And you can also attach your credit cards or cash to the inside of the holders.

SEE IT

1. Portable Charger

I think this one goes without much explaining. In summer, the days can be long and unpredictable. You never know how much time you’ll have to charge your phone. Portable chargers come in sizes super small, so it’s no hassle to keep up with. Just keep them charged, and you’ll never experience having a great time, but you don’t have a phone.

SEE IT

1. UV Stickers

UV stickers could be everyones lifesaver this upcoming summer. Everyone knows the feeling of being so sunburnt, but also being so confused because you did put sunscreen on. Well, these stickers change colors to let you know when to apply sunscreen! These are waterproof as well, and will stick all day.

SEE IT

1. Handheld Fan

Any type of small, portable, battery operated, hand held fan will work. And you’ll be glad you have it! There’s no need to be hot and miserable when there’s such a simple way to fix that. Bonus points if you find one that also has a misting system. Keep this in your car or bag, trust me,it will come in handy.

SEE IT

1. Waterproof Speaker

Summer is time for fun, friends, and your favorite music. You can find so many variations of speakers; different sizes, some light up, different price ranges, etc. Waterproof is definitely something you should look for though. You can bring your music to the pool, lake, beach, or even just in your room or yard!

SEE IT

With a new season, comes new necessities. And with these recommendations, your summer is sure to run smoothly. And go ahead and get them why you can; time is ticking!