Governor’s School for the Arts

Calling all artists…

GRC prides itself on having creative and artistically gifted students. Every student is great at something.

Kentucky’s Governor’s School for the Arts is a unique program that lets creative people be themselves without restrictions.

This prestigious program gives students a chance to spend three weeks on a college campus refining their craft. A sister program to the Governor’s Scholar Program, GSA recognizes rising sophomores and juniors in nine artistic disciplines: Architecture + Design, Creative Writing, Dance, Drama, Instrumental Music, Musical Theatre, Film + Photography, Visual Art and Vocal Music.

Seniors Daniel Mantilla and Isaiah Williams successfully auditioned for GSA last summer, Mantilla for visual art, and Williams for instrumental music.

Isaiah Williams
Isaiah Williams

“Don’t doubt your abilities!! One key thing they will help you learn is to take pride in your art and not focus on opinions of others. Also, attend Art shops that are held around the state. These will coach you on what they expect, the audition process, etc. Finally with auditions be sure you only focus on doing the best you can do.”

-Isaiah Williams

daniel
Daniel Mantilla

“My favorite part of GSA was the people and the environment. When you go to the GSA you think you know what your walking into but you don’t. Everybody is open to everybody. The first night everybody was in the courtyard and, by far, was the best bonding experience. Everybody was talented so meeting these people is life changing. My teachers are by far the nicest people ever as they nourish your need to learn more art. I recommend that everyone interested in this program should invest all the time they have for it. It’s worth it.”

-Daniel Mantilla

To apply for next summer’s program, visit www.kentuckycenter.org or use the QR code below.

gsa-website-2