Should Halloween be in or out?

October 30, 2020

I’ll pass on Halloween

Whitney Hacker

October 31st.

Itchy costumes, cheap makeup that stains, and rotted pumpkins.

Not to mention the fact that in Central Kentucky, it’s usually -40 degrees. Well maybe not that cold, but it feels like it. If you can’t tell already, I’m not a fan of Halloween. 

I’m a jumpy person. I get scared easily. So someone being paid barely anything to jump out and scare me doesn’t really interest me.

Or ride on a wagon and have “characters” dressed as zombies trying to pull me off of the moving wagon at a “haunted” hay ride. 

I do, however, enjoy Halloween movies such as the HalloweenTown Trilogy, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. But I watch these movies all year round and don’t limit myself to just one time a year. 

I found Halloween exciting when I was five, but now that I’m older, wearing a fake nose and a witch hat to go beg for candy in the freezing cold at other people’s houses doesn’t.

Also wearing a dress and plastic fangs to hand out $20 bags of candy to screaming children doesn’t sound too good either.

After about the first 30 minutes of trick-or-treating your feet start to hurt, your hands are so cold, and your plastic pumpkin candy holder weighs about five pounds.

So if I’m being honest, I’ll pass on Halloween.