JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

Back to Article
Back to Article

JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

Seniors Riley Hunter and Daniel Guerrant received the national 3-year JROTC scholarship award.

Samantha Wassom

Samantha Wassom

Samantha Wassom

Lexi Back, Staff Writer

“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” Colin Powell once wrote.

For JROTC cadet seniors Daniel Guerrant and Riley Hunter, living up to this influential quote means everything.

Hours spent developing leadership and building their stamina with sweat running down and crackled voices after every command prove the strength and dignity it takes for this program.

All this hard work has paid off with a national 3-year JROTC scholarship awarded to Guerrant and Hunter for their outstanding ACT score, prothrombin time (PT) number, and GPA.

Guerrant and Hunter applied for the scholarship at “GoArmy.com” after providing their test scores and PT test. The award obligates them to eight years of military service after graduating the college of their choice.

“Applicants were considered before a board of military and civilian officials based on who they thought would make a good lieutenant in the Army,” Guerrant said.

The commanding general of the U.S. Army cadet command, major general Christopher Hughes, personally congratulated Guerrant and Hunter during a presentation at the Military Ball.

Not only did the cadets get a personal message, but also a check each for $56,000. The whole scholarship total comes out to a total of $100,000.

Along with many incredible opportunities come strict guidelines you are required to follow. In this case, failing grades or failing PT scores can permanently damage the offer.

That why both Guerrant and Hunter only plan to aim higher each step to their dream of one day becoming an America hero.

“Col. Alexander and Sgt. Lee are very vocal about how proud they are of us both,” Guerrant said. “They have worked incredibly hard to get us to where we want to be in life, and I could never thank them enough for it.”

Hunter will also be joining the Army in his future, hoping to one day become an official Army officer.

“I am very grateful because I could not have been given this opportunity without hard work and perseverance which is all due to those who have supported me,” Hunter said. “My family, friends, fellow cadets, and Master Sgt. Lee, Col. Alexander, and Daniel Guerrant.”

Success is a goal not everyone gets to experience the way they imagined; however, for diligent cadets Guerrant and Hunter, their hard work and ability to keep going through struggles led them to a successful future bigger than they expected.

About the Writer
Lexi Back, Staff Writer

Alexia "Lexi" Back is a Senior and second-year Smoke Signals member. Buffalo wings are her food of choice and she loves country jam "Before He Cheats"...

1 Comment

One Response to “JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship”

1. saumya on May 13th, 2017 8:59 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your blog is really good and proved a knowledgeable medium for the community. If anyone is interested in the postdoctoral scholarship program then, here is “IAC Postdoctoral Fellowship in Galaxies for International Applicants in Spain, 2017” which is available for the International students

Scholarship Deadline: May 31, 2017.

Applicants can get more information about the Scholarship through the given link:
    http://scholarship-positions.com/iac-postdoctoral-fellowship-galaxies-international-applicants-spain/2017/05/04/

If you want to read articles related to scholarships like, how to apply for scholarship, how to get scholarship, Scholarship thank you letter etc. Then go through the given link: http://scholarship-positions.com/blog/

• JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

2016-17 News

Smoke Signals Wins Third State Championship

• JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

2016-17 News

GRC Gear Up Student of the Year: Scott Newlin

• JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

2016-17 News

Air Rifle Team Continues to Hit Mark at Competitions

• JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

2016-17 News

Seven Students Qualify for State Skills USA

• JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship

2016-17 News

Athletic Complex Plans Moving Forward

JROTC Seniors Receive Scholarship