Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

With more than 100 dresses to choose from, Aaliyah poses with a couple of her favorites.

Sydni Marstella

Sydni Marstella

Sydni Marstella

Aaliyah Crawford, Staff Writer

Bippity-boppiti-boo! Cinderella and her fairy godmother are back making miracles with hundreds of dresses in a variety of sizes, styles and colors.

Black, red, blue, strapless, short, long – anything you can think of, we have it!

Prom is a fun and exciting time, but it also comes with expenses, and we want you to have the perfect night.

In 2009, GRC student Sarah Burkhardt had an idea that has helped numerous girls find that special dress for the special occasion we all know and love… PROM!!

She wanted to help girls who couldn’t afford a prom dress find the perfect one.

Sarah called her aunt who lives in Georgia and asked for her help; she agreed and started a dress drive at her church, shipping more than 150 dresses to GRC.

Since then, the program has grown tremendously. Cinderella’s Closet has helped dozens of girls for not only prom, but also for military ball, soirée, and homecoming.

Besides the dozens of girls Cinderella’s Closet has impacted, we also helped more than 30 girls who were affected by the West Liberty tornado in 2012.

From being a totally student-run program, to having our own store front in downtown Winchester at one time (thanks to a generous donation from Graham’s Western Wear), to helping an older bride find the perfect dress for her wedding day, Cinderella’s Closet has made its mark on the community.

Do not let the expenses keep you from enjoying your high school events.

Have fun and dance the night away with your friends without stressing over costs. These are experiences you won’t forget for the rest of your life.

About the Contributors
Aaliyah Crawford, Staff Writer

Aaliyah Crawford is a Senior and first-year Smoke Signals member. She has a craving for strawberries and listens to anything on her Pandora Radio playlist.

Sydni Marstella, Photo Gallery Editor

Sydni Marstella is a Junior and first-year Smoke Signals member. She is addicted to cheese fries and is a huge fan of "Fergalicious" by Fergie.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives”

1. Krista Portwood on February 25th, 2017 12:35 pm

How do you go about donating a dress, or two and do you except shoes as well?

2. Smoke Signals on February 27th, 2017 11:21 am

You can deliver dresses to the front office and they’ll gladly accept shoes as well. Thank you for showing interest in donating to Cinderella’s Closet. It’s greatly appreciated.

• Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

2016-17 News

Smoke Signals Wins Third State Championship

• Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

2016-17 News

GRC Gear Up Student of the Year: Scott Newlin

• Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

2016-17 News

Air Rifle Team Continues to Hit Mark at Competitions

• Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

2016-17 News

Seven Students Qualify for State Skills USA

• Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives

2016-17 News

Athletic Complex Plans Moving Forward

Cinderella’s Closet Touches Lives