It’s almost vacation season — time to make travel memories

Summer break is almost upon us! In 10 school days, we will be free from the classroom.

Whether you’re spending your summer working, going to camps, or playing sports, hopefully you will have plenty of time to rest and recharge. Many families will take vacations to new or familiar places.

Of course, there’s always the option to stay in, too, which my dad highly supports. Taking time to relax by the pool and enjoy the sun is always a great option. Not to mention going on vacation is expensive. With that extra money from not traveling and booking a hotel room, you could always go on a shopping spree or even save it for later.

On the other hand, going somewhere new and making memories while you’re young is an amazing opportunity. “I went to Arizona on an all inclusive resort vacation for two weeks. We ate charcuterie boards and lobster every night and hiked. My favorite part was going mountain bike racing through Arizona,” says Libby Taylor.

Disney World, the most magical place on Earth, is Sydney Antoniou’s favorite vacation spot. “We went with our dance studio and got to dance in the parade down Main Street. It was extremely rewarding and an amazing experience being there.”

North Carolina is quite the hit when it comes to vacationing. “We went to Emerald Isle over fall break. It’s the cutest island, and there are so many fun things to do on the mainland,” mentions Belle Galloway.

Some students will have the opportunity to travel without their families.

For Drew Brookshire, his favorite trip involved helping people in need. “I went on a mission trip to Guatemala with my soccer team. I got to play soccer and help out local children.”

There’s also always the possibility of revisiting a place that you loved from the start.

“As a family, we’ve gone to Hilton Head our whole lives. The beaches aren’t too crowded and everything is so pretty and homey,” says sisters ViviAnne and Josie Lane.

Going on a trip and experiencing the captivating moments is not the hard part; it’s the deciding where to go that makes it difficult. Just make the choice fun.

If you haven’t been persuaded to travel to one of these places mentioned, close your eyes and pick a random spot on a map! It’s never too late to make new memories.