Lights, Camera, Fashion: CC’s Closet hosts Prom and Pastries

CC’s Closet Graphic

Clark County Community Services is hosting the first annual Prom and Pastries fundraiser on Sunday, March 10th, at 2 p.m.

Tickets to the event are $20, but if you bring a prom dress and/or canned goods to donate, the price will be $10. All proceeds will go toward Frye Food Pantry.

Prom and Pastries is a fashion show held at CC’s Closet in Winchester, modeling the prom dresses that CC’s has for sale.

All of those attending will be able to try on and buy any of the dresses they see. All dresses not sold will be donated to Cinderella’s Closet.

“Prom and Pastries is a unique fundraiser because we are partnering with Cinderella’s Closet,” says Executive Director of Clark County Community Services Laci Scarboro. “This partnership will ensure that all people that want to attend a formal dance, can do so without having the stress of finding how to afford a dress.”

Those in attendance will also have the opportunity to purchase a dress for CC’s to donate to Cinderella’s Closet. Cinderella’s Closet at GRC provides prom dresses for those who do not have one every year.

“Prom and Pastries is a really special event because it’s been years since CC’s has done a fundraiser like this,” says assistant store manager and Prom and Pastries creator Savannah Anderson. “I wanted it to be something elegant and entertaining so that people can see we are much more than your average thrift store.”

The Hall will be providing coffee, and pastries will be served with the show. Along with the desserts, all those at the event will be given raffle tickets upon entry.

Guests will be able to enter raffles with chances to win gifts from local businesses, including Eve’s, Mason on Main, Court Street Gifts, The HighSide Boutique, The Barre, and Parks and Recreation.

“Coming out and supporting this event will not only help people find affordable prom dresses but also bring the community together at the same time,” says GRC senior and employee Shai Scarboro.

Shoes, jewelry, and purses will also be available for purchase at the fundraiser. Prom and Pastries is a great way to come out and support CCCS and donate to a great cause.

“It’s so important for Winchester and surrounding communities to support CC’s Closet because everything we do goes back into the community,” says Anderson. 

Prom and Pastries is another in a great list of events that CC’s hosts. CC’s Closet is a donation-based thrift store that provides funding for CCCS. With the profits from CC’s, CCCS is able to feed well more than 1,200 people each month. 

“CC’s Closet is an incredibly important part of Clark County,” said Laci Scarboro. “We are able to provide food, utility assistance, and transient assistance for the homeless. Without CC’s, vulnerable community members would not receive the resources that they desperately need.”

Tickets to the event can be found on CC’s facebook account, as well as at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/851002680927?aff=oddtdtcreator