Stop complaining: Online school isn’t that bad

When we’re in school, everyone complains about not wanting to go. We are forced to stay home and then everyone complains that we aren’t in school. We developed an online schooling system and everyone complained about that. So what will be different when we go back? People will still complain just as much, if not more.

We all want normal back, but in reality, that’s just not possible right now. Because of the inability to revert back to an all-normal schedule, school just simply cannot be the same.

When returning back to in-person school we will have to follow all guidelines, procedures, and rules that were set up by the CDC and State of Kentucky. Guys, that means wearing a mask for 7 hours a day, temperature checks at least twice a day, and being socially distanced the whole day. We will be spaced out in all the classrooms and we will not be allowed to hang out in the hallways between classes or first thing in the morning. At lunch we will be separated from our friends, sitting single file, and facing the same direction; keep in mind you’ll still be wearing a mask that whole time.

Now I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty miserable to me. This means the wanted social aspect that we get from being in school will not be attainable.

Are we ready to go back? Can we safely go about bringing all students into the building? Honestly, I believe we aren’t there yet. There is still too much of a risk of spreading COVID-19 to students, who will ultimately bring it home to their families.

Online schooling, for the most part, is going pretty smoothly for what students and teachers have to work with and staying online would be the safer and more convenient option to continue our education.

Like it or not, school will not be normal and it will not look the same; that is what the students and community of Clark County need to know.