An Unpopular Opinion on Netflix’s Newest Release

Hannah Curreri, Video Editor

The nine and a half hour season of The Haunting of Hill House is filled with chilling scenes and horrific creatures that are too scary for anyone to watch, especially alone at night. Do not watch this show.

Just kidding! This is just one opinion formed by a fraction of viewers who passed out, experienced anxiety attacks, and lost sleep due to the “terrifying” show.

At first, I was skeptical to watch the show because of all of the negative reviews I had heard. I’m not a big fan of anything scary; I’ve only seen one scary movie in my life. But this show is different.

I sat in my room with my laptop, cuddled up with a blanket, and watched the show until I finished at 11 o’clock at night. Do I regret it? Not at all!

This show has such an amazing plot and has a main message far beyond just horror and death. It tells of the far from perfect lives of the Crain family who, in their youth, grew up in a now-famous haunted house.

Past and present experiences from the family and everyone affected by the monstrous Hill House are juxtaposed to the reveal to the audience the context of what is currently happening in their lives and just how chilling this story really is.

The unexplained scenes that occur and minute details that seem insignificant are explained throughout the season but mainly at the end. Because of this, it can keep viewers hooked from the start, waiting anxiously to see what is revealed as the show goes on.

Although this may be an unpopular opinion, The Haunting of Hill House is one of the best shows Netflix has aired yet and should definitely be the next one you watch. Trust me, you won’t regret it either.

About the Writer
Hannah Curreri, Video Editor

Hannah is a Junior and a first-year member of Smoke Signals. Her favorite animal are Chinchillas, her favorite movie is The Best of Me, and she is a member on the golf team.