The Love Story You’ve Been Dreaming Of

Hayden Turley, Sports Editor

6 star rating.  11/10 recommend.  Netflix has officially outdone itself.  “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” is a new Netflix original movie, based on a book series, that is sweeping the nation with excellent reviews from magazines such as Cosmopolitan, Teen Vogue, and Entertainment Tonight.

At first, the movie seems like a basic rom com that has an extremely predictable plot; however, “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” keeps you guessing what will happen after every single scene.

The movie is about a girl named Lara Jean, played by Lana Condor, who wrote letters expressing her feelings to certain guys throughout her life.  She kept the letters hidden, but they were mysteriously taken and mailed out, re-opening the doors to Lara Jean’s past.

Throughout the rest of the movie, Lara Jean confronts the boys she wrote the letters to and rekindles her feelings for them.  The two main boys in the movie are named Josh and Peter.

Josh, played by Israel Broussard, was Lara Jean’s best friend and also her sister’s boyfriend, which was clearly dangerous territory.  Peter, played by Noah Centineo, was Lara Jean’s first crush she wrote a letter to, and after this movie, has easily became America’s heartthrob.  

This movie is filled with drama, mystery, humor, and is simply THE love story that everyone dreams of.  This movie needs to be the next one you watch. You won’t regret it. Along with the rest of the world, I am praying for a sequel.  Please join me.

About the Writer
Hayden Turley, Sports Editor

Hayden is a Junior and first-year member of Smoke Signals. Hayden’s favorite animal is a koala, her favorite movie is Mulan, and she plays tennis for GRC.