Robert+Hammonds

Robert Hammonds

Robert Hammonds, Assistant Principal

Robert Hammonds is in his first year as assistant principal at GRC, his 14th year in an administrative role, and his 25th year in education.

In the classroom, Mr. Hammonds taught U.S. History, AP U.S., Law and Justice/Global issues, and Civics/Geo. He taught at GRC in the early 2000s in the old building.

Mr. Hammonds coached 21 years (21 Basketball, 5 Football and 5 Track and Field) “I have some pretty good success in those over the years and made a lot of lifelong memories,” he says.

Mr. Hammonds’ wife, Autumn, is a doctor at UK. The couple’s three children now attend school in Clark County.

Something he looks forward to every day as a principal:

One of the reasons I like being principal is that every single day is unique. I also like being able to interact with staff and students in different settings as well. I like being in classrooms to see that ah ha moment but I also love to watch kids excel in all kinds of extracurricular activities as well that showcase their talents.

His favorite part of the job:

Being able to help people have a great experience. I truly believe we are here to help students have the best possible experience in High School possible and make  them into well rounded young adults. I also hope that I can be a resource to the rest of the staff so that I can be a part of making this a great place to work and a place that everyone wants to be a part of.

His favorite memory on the job:

After being a Principal and a Coach for so many years, I have been blessed to make many many friends and been invited to a lot of weddings!. I still receive texts from players and colleagues from 20 years ago regularly and to me that has been the single most thing that proves I have been successful throughout my career everywhere I have been .  For that alone I am grateful and I hope I will find the same family/community based feeling here at GRC moving forward.