GRC Students Can Make a Difference

Making School a Little Less “Ruff”

Senioritis seems to be spreading to just about everyone in the senior class; however, for one senior, senioritis is not the diagnosis.

Senior Camille Felts decided she wasn’t going to sit back and relax her senior year. Instead she decided to start the Cards for Paws club.

“I love animals and I try my best to help them when I can,” said Camille.“ I always wondered why we didn’t have an animal club here at the school, so I decided to start my own.”

The Cards for Paws club’s mission is to “ensure the life and safety of all animals.” They volunteer at the Clark County animal shelter frequently and have many other service project ideas such as a cat and dog food drive and a dog wash. “The first service project we did was volunteer with a Time to be Live, a local organization that raises awareness of the adoptable homeless animals at the Clark County animal shelter,” said Camille.

Camille said she wanted to try and start a new club last year, but didn’t know what club she wanted to start.

“I started thinking about things that I was really passionate about and animals, especially dogs, kept recurring,” said Camille. After deciding on her club, she found a teacher sponsor and got to work setting up the first meeting.

“We had a great outcome for the first meeting,” said Camille. “I’m glad that so many students want to help with the shelter and the animals.”

Camille is just one example of a student making a difference in the school by starting her own club here at GRC.

If you too are like Camille and wish to see a new club at GRC, take a lesson from her and make it happen. Find your passion, find a sponsor, and find others who share your interest. This is your chance to make a difference.